Nomadic Wax Media Academy is an interactive series of media workshops designed to educate, inspire and encourage college and high school students to participate in new forms of artistic media creation.
Our international educators are award-winning, and our workshops have been presented at colleges, high schools, community centers, and museums around the world.
Nomadic Media Academy’s participatory pedagogy allows students to engage directly with producers, artists, musicians, and activists, and transforms campuses and classrooms into media production studios.
“One of the concert highlights at Wesleyan University in a long time.”
- Hip hop provides an authentic entry point to engage students in issues of social justice.
- Students engage in critical literacy through the development of artistic and technical skills.
- Participatory pedagogy provides students with tools to contextualize, interpret, translate, and express what is happening in the world around them.
- Students actively engage in a variety of issues and disciplines, from Global Politics to History, through exploring spoken and unspoken languages.
“Nomadic Wax was hip, professional, polished, on point, and edgy enough to make a difference with our audience. They speak, present, and perform from a grounding of great conscience and confidence.”
- Select workshops from Nomadic Wax online catalog. We can customize the camp to your students’ needs, so select any combination of 1-hour workshops
- Decide on 1 or 2 days of workshops Nomadic Media Academy can run for just one day of workshops, or we can come back the following week for a collaborative performance with your students. We recommend 2 days, but it’s up to you.
- Identify dates for your Nomadic Wax Media Academy . Find a date for your 1-or 2-day workshop, and get your students ready.
To book Nomadic Wax Academy, contact us: Email: Amanda Macchia email@example.com